Shot Blasting & Diamond Grinding
Diamond grinding is an excellent, cost effective way to profile concrete, level imperfections in floors, remove old coatings and polish concrete to reveal its natural beauty. Polished concrete requires the least maintenance of any floor finish, is highly light reflective and is dust free and hygienic.
With a wide array of tooling for our state of the art, planetary concrete grinders we can;
- Profile concrete for coatings with coarse grit metal bond diamonds
- Polish concrete using a combination of metal bond diamonds, ceramic diamonds and resin polishing pads
- Remove thick, heavy mastic coatings, epoxy and glue with polycrystalline diamonds (PCD’s)
- Level tripping hazards where concrete has buckled
At Spartan Coatings, we understand the importance of a properly prepared concrete floor. Surface preparation is a critical step in any job and shot blasting is a dust free, environmentally friendly method to strip, clean and profile concrete in a single step. It leaves the surface immediately ready for the application of coatings or overlays and provides the correct surface profile for aggressive adhesion of product, promoting maximum floor life.
Shot blasting is extremely efficient at removing surface contaminants, sealers, old epoxies and floor glue. We can prep concrete and remove old coatings and flooring adhesive in a fraction of the time of chemicals all while being much more environmentally friendly and dust free. Depending on the size of the floor, other trades and installers can often work around us or be back on the floor in a few hours, minimizing down time.
Some applications of shot blasting;
- Prep for epoxy, urethane and polyaspartic coatings
- Prep for traffic membrane systems
- Stripping failed coatings
- Removing adhesive and floor glue
- Cleaning concrete
- Profiling/Restoring skid resistance to concrete
From 400 square foot garage floors to commercial flooring jobs into the tens of thousands of square feet, we have done it all and can handle all your shot blasting and floor prep needs.